mwusinich [at] mediapd [dot] org (Martin Wusinich)
Media Municipal Center
301 N. Jackson Street
Media, PA 19063
Any Police Response: 911
Administrative Only: (610) 565-6656
As of Jan. 1, 2012, the following information will help reunite a lost or found dog with its owner.
1. Having a current dog license is the best way to ensure a dog is returned to its owner. For details visit www.co.delaware.pa.us.
2. Anyone who finds a lost dog with a license can locate the owner by visiting the County website at www.co.delaware.pa.us and click on Return a Lost Dog, enter the license type and number, and they will get the owner’s phone number. Or call the Delaware County Treasurer’s Office at 610-891-4276 during regular business hours to get the owner’s information.
3. If you find a lost dog and cannot locate the owner, contact the animal control officer in your municipality or call 911. Delaware County’s Emergency Services dispatchers will keep a log of recently reported found and lost dogs.
4. To report or reclaim a lost dog, call the Chester County SPCA at 610-692-6113, ext. 12, and provide detailed information. As of Jan. 1, 2012, all stray animals that cannot be returned to their owner will be transported to the Chester County SPCA by the local animal control officer in participating municipalities. Citizen drop-off of stray animals will not be accepted..
5. There are some Internet sites where people can post photos and information on lost dogs. Visit www.PALostDogs.com. Another resource is www.PetFinder.com.