Doing Business in Media
Media is a very attractive place to start or relocate a business. We encourage businesses to consider Media as a home.
Media has a great story to tell. It is hip yet grounded. Progressive yet maintains its history and roots. Rising sales prices of homes in Media is evidence of both a strong local economy and the fact that many people find Media a desirable place to live and work.
- Media's downtown has emerged as a bustling and vibrant district that includes 42 restaurants and pubs, 43 retail shops including a Trader Joes, 8 banks, 35 offices and service firms, and the Media Theater, which has attracted national attention.
- Media has served as a backdrop for many political events, including visits by Vice President Joe Biden as well as federal and state representatives.
- Events such as the Blues Stroll, the Media 5-mile Bike Race, and our Veterans Day parades are covered by Delaware County and Philadelphia newspapers, television and radio stations resulting in broad media coverage (see below).
Media Borough Demographics Summary
The Borough of Media (less than a square mile) is located just outside of Philadelphia and has a relatively stable population of just over 5000 (about 2700 households) with an average age of 42. Many residents are employed within a 24 minute commute with 77% in higher wage category jobs. The median value of housing in Media has risen to over $263,100 (2006-2010. An increase of over 40% in the past ten years). Total retail sales were $136 million in 2007 with restaurants accounting for a significant portion of the total. Merchant wholesaler sales were $63 million (2007) and retail sales per capita were $25,132 in 2007. Over 42% of the population has a bachelor's degree or higher and over 93% are high school graduates. The mean family income is over $83,000 (additional demographic information on Media can be found here).
Media News Coverage
Media is highlighted in the press on a consistent basis because of its quality of life and events. Here are some examples of television coverage based on Nielsen Audience data:
- Memorial Day (2009): 2.7 million viewers equal to a calculated publicity value of $221k
- Welcome Home Parade (2012): 933k viewers equal to a calculated publicity value of $115k
- Veterans Day Parade (2012): 2.1 million viewers equal to a calculated publicity value of $146k
- Santa's Arrival (2011): 567k viewers equal to a calculated publicity value of $46k
We invite prospective businesses to contact us for more information regarding opportunities to relocate to Media. The Borough Manager Jeff Smith can be reached at 610-566-5210 or email@example.com. We look forward to working with you.